Cost to Shock

H2O_Keeper

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
SW Indiana
Just replied to another post regarding cost of chlorine and decided another chart I made last year may be helpful to others. I got the impact of chemical use and qty to move FC from the Pool Calculator. At the time I didnt realize you didnt need to shock weekly but its still a quick snapshot of costs.

Attachments

• cost shock.JPG
    cost shock.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 272
At the time I made this side-by-side comparison I wanted to see for my pool the costs and corresponding FC move per bag or jug of chlorine. This way evertime I needed to shock I knew exactly what I was getting into using the available options.

Didn't know other post existed, very detailed analysis thanks for the link. Also didnt know about BBB and the rules of not needing a regular shock if you keep your FC in balance.

I have to give credit to Jason Lion for the chemical multipliers for the FC change and corresponding changes in other balances depending on the method of chlorination:

http://www.poolcalculator.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.