LIGHTS.....camera...NO ACTION

mrwerk

Jan 22, 2013
Hi

I cannot find any info in the archives or the manual.....

I need help with my Intellibrite 5g pool lights. They are 2yrs.old. One in deep end and the other in shallow end.

Last year when we opened, they worked great!! Then after a few weeks, they went out of sync with each other in a color mode(party,sunset,romance). My pool guy came over and 'recalibrated' them. Then they worked great the rest of the summer.

This year, it happened again. They just went out of sync, one is one color while the other one is another color. My pool guy is not making time for me.... please help me get my 'romance' back in sync with each other......

His "recalibration" may have just been power cycling the whole system to reset whatever memory is innate to the system that controls light color cycling. I'm not an expert on these light automation systems or automation systems in general but turning off the breakers providing power to the pool equipment for a short time, then turning them back on might do the trick. You may also lose any programs or programmed settings when doing this, however.

From the indoor control panel (ICP):

confirm your lights have been set up correctly in the circuit function section of the menu.

MENU
Scroll to "settings", select.
Scroll to "circuit functions", select.
Scroll to the aux that corresponds to your light(s), select.
Scroll to "Intellibrite" (may already be selected), select.

Hit the menu button till you have backed out of the menu.

To Sync:
MENU
Scroll to lights, select.
scroll to "Sync", select.

Hit menu to back out.

Soooooo.......Pool Clown.

It didn't work!!

I checked everything and it is all correctly done. My hubby is a EE and he did all the electrical work and he is at his wits end.

Any other suggestions???

Please...........????????!!!!!

To re sync the Intellibrites, you need to do a quick power off and then back on, 1-12 times depending upon what color you want. If the power off/on cycle is not quick enough, you will just recall the last setting the light had. The manual is not clear about this at all. If I had to guess what quick is, I would think one second or less. What are you using to control the lights? Just a switch, or do you have an Easy Touch, Intellitouch or Intellibrite controller? JVtrain is right, you pool guy probably just came out and turned the lights off and back on quickly, which would have re synced them.

Try it again, only this time, do it at panel at the equipment. When you selected "sync" you should then hear the Easytouch system begin to switch the relay on and off several times. Do you hear this happening? Also, are these 2 lights in the same Aux? Or are they on two different Aux's?

They are on the same AUX.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't reset or fix itself on a power cycle of the whole system?

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

No, it doesn't. We have powered of and on quickly and even powered down the whole system.

- - - Updated - - -

To re sync the Intellibrites, you need to do a quick power off and then back on, 1-12 times depending upon what color you want. If the power off/on cycle is not quick enough, you will just recall the last setting the light had. The manual is not clear about this at all. If I had to guess what quick is, I would think one second or less. What are you using to control the lights? Just a switch, or do you have an Easy Touch, Intellitouch or Intellibrite controller? JVtrain is right, you pool guy probably just came out and turned the lights off and back on quickly, which would have re synced them.

We have an Easy Touch.

I was there when he fix it and he did more than just turn off/on the system.

Plus we have done that a few times and it hasn't worked at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try resetting the Easytouch (not a power cycle). Reset button is on the outdoor control panel to the right of the solar button. Hold it for about a second and release. Then try to sync again. If lights don't sync at that point, there may be a problem with the light(s) themselves. They should sync from the panel in the way i described.

This will rule out a possible bug with the Easytouch Software preventing sync. In theory, if the lights are always wired together, they should never become un-synced. What your pool guy may have done was un-wire one light, then set hold to one color(white) on the other light, then disconnected that light, re-connected the other, and set that one. Then reconnected them back together.

If they are under a year old, call Pentair for warranty. Or, if you had purchased two other Pentair products, in addition to the 2 lights, at the same time, should be warrantied for 3 years.

Try resetting the Easytouch (not a power cycle). Reset button is on the outdoor control panel to the right of the solar button. Hold it for about a second and release. Then try to sync again. If lights don't sync at that point, there may be a problem with the light(s) themselves. They should sync from the panel in the way i described.

This will rule out a possible bug with the Easytouch Software preventing sync. In theory, if the lights are always wired together, they should never become un-synced. What your pool guy may have done was un-wire one light, then set hold to one color(white) on the other light, then disconnected that light, re-connected the other, and set that one. Then reconnected them back together.

If they are under a year old, call Pentair for warranty. Or, if you had purchased two other Pentair products, in addition to the 2 lights, at the same time, should be warrantied for 3 years.

Alright Pool Clown, I am trying that tomorrow!!!

I will let you know....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.