SLAM Process

Jun 14, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Can someone tell me (or direct me to a link) that spells out the SLAM process in detail? I should be receiving my TF-100 on Monday, so I'll probably be starting my SLAM shortly thereafter. Went out and purchased 6 jugs of 8.25% bleach to start. How many jugs should this process generally take? My pool's water does look fairly clear, though still a good bit of debris I need to remove.

-Jon

There's no set rule for how much bleach a pool will take. It all depends on how far gone (green, cloudy, leafy, wild life infested, etc.) the pool has gotten, how well the filtration system is working and the diligence of the person performing the testing, brushing/cleaning and chemical additions. I'd say 6 gallons will get you started, but it may take many more than that.

The SLAM procedure can be found in Pool School -> How To -> SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain... or a shortcut is the link in my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.