Final decision

MGood

May 31, 2015
Eldridge Iowa
View attachment 38504
We are between two builders. This is is the quote we got back today after negotiations with the more expensive builder. After receiving this I negotiated him including the salt water for that price. I will try and post the other builder quote..having trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

The diagram is the second builders sketch.

I would go with the builder you like most, trust most and has the best references. That is much more important than price or features. Especially just a few thousand dollars. An extra month of builder headaches is worth far more than 2-3k either way.

The problem is it's pretty much equal. We like both guys and both got good references. I think what it's come down to now is that one wants nothing to do with bubblers and the other one has provided two on our sun deck with no problem. I definitely agree on the builder headaches! Thanks for your help!:)

I'm hesitant to say anything, but ...... I would go with the guy who seems more flexible and agreeable. I'm not sure why bubblers would be a problem, but that bothers me.

I know all PB's are different, but our PB didn't bat an eye when I asked him for 2 bubblers on our sun shelf right after the rebar. In fact, he said no charge. I guess in my mind, bubblers seem to be a simple thing, so if a PB is balking over that, how would he respond to something you really want but might be a little tricky? I know it's a tough decision. I agonized over the PB decision. Well, I've agonized over several other decisions that came after choosing a PB. It didn't get easier for me. Sorry.... Best of luck! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.