How much should I pay for an AGP?

witz07

May 15, 2013
I already have a 17' Intex pool but are looking to replace with a larger hard sided pool and build a deck around it. I've decided to hire a company for this project. My question is how come some pools are so much more expensive than others? I realize I bought an economy pool in the Intex pool. I've seen some 24' hard sided pools online for about $2,000 but the pool places in my area charge about $7,000 for the same size pools. The company I'm looking at installs Fabcote pools. I want to make sure I'm not over-paying. Thank you for any input you might have.

A link to their home page is below.

Fabcote - Home

They might be including installation and the filter/accessories. But $7k sounds high for a 24'. I just bought a 24' and paid about 3k for the pool, filter&pump, ladder upgrade, vacuum etc. and I got a more expensive model because I wanted aluminum and resin top rails. Then it cost me $1500 for it to be installed which including digging 1' on one side to level it enough.

Adding your location to your profile is helpful, as pricing varies quite a bit by area. We have 33' and paid around $6k including installation and all equipment and accessories, buying a resin model. It was the second most expensive one our dealer sold, not a low end model, so I'd agree that your quote sounds high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.