Welcome to TFP!

Yes, it happened to me last Saturday. Water was/is crystal clear and CC was 0. The reason it happened to me is because my chlorine level dropped to 1.5ppm due to high swim load and lack of testing on my part. It is important to keep the chlorine level above the minimum level for your CYA level at ALL times. Chlorine CYA Chart

The SLAM process takes as long as it takes ... could be a few days, could be a few weeks. Depends on what is in the water and how diligent you are.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Cleaned mine up in 2 days. I brushed the pool about 4 times each day and brushed the algae spots about 30 times per day. Also took the light out beginning of day one and cleaned that out. Brushed a little more on day 3 but there was nothing to brush.

It was really terrible to have hang out in the pool all day for 2 days in the sun with tasty beverages! But, I do whatever it takes to keep my TFP clean! :)

Pool is absolutely spotless, I could not find a speck of algae last night. And I am still keeping chlorine at about 20 just to be on the safe side. CYA is 70. If it is still spotless tonight I might start letting it drop.

That does sound terrible!! Unfortunately it's raining cats and dogs and I keep having to lower the water level. I just finished vacuuming and brushing walls in the rain. Going to add more chlorine. Glad to hear your pool is looking good.

That does sound terrible!! Unfortunately it's raining cats and dogs and I keep having to lower the water level. I just finished vacuuming and brushing walls in the rain. Going to add more chlorine. Glad to hear your pool is looking good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.