Pentair IntellipH Questions

tucsontico

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I installed a Pentair IntellipH system (part # 521377) about 18 months ago. It has been working great and, because of the outstanding advice on this website, I bought a replacement pump head (Pentair part # 521514). This year, while doing my "spring cleaning" of the pool, I noted the original pump head was badly corroded so installed the replacement unit. All appears to be fine but, when I went to order another replacement pump head online, several retailers stated that the item was "discontinued by the manufacturer." :confused:

I checked the Pentair website and the owners manual for the "new" IntellipH (after 8/2014) definitely shows a different pump head. From the photos in the owners manual it appears that it should be a direct replacement for the older-style unit. Does anyone know if the "new" pump head design will fit the older IntellipH canisters? I've tried contacting Pentair (both via email and phone) but have gotten no response.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, I don't know the answer and I'm surprised you didn't have better luck with Pentair, they are usually pretty responsive.
I bet these guys know the answer and they are even more responsive. ,
Pentair IntellipH Pumphead 521514

Thanks for the link. The photo on the linked webpage is the "old" Pentair pump head. The new version is shown in this owners manual on pages 10-11: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/intellpHOM.pdf. I will try to contact Sunplay to see if they have an answer. Thanks again.

I called Penair. Intelliph models built after 2014 require you to replace both the pump head AND motor as one assembly. The p/n is 521515. The cost is around $125 compared to $35 for the old style pump head w/o the motor. Ouch! Moral of the story, regularly replace the stenner tube before it breaks and the pump head will last much longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.