Diving board replacment and saftey cover options....

TN94z

May 15, 2012
Henderson, TN
My first question is we are kinda wanting a springier diving board for our pool. We currently have a U-frame setup and I was wondering what was the best option for a springier board?

My second question is I usually don't have a lot of help installing and removing my safety cover. Does anyone use some kind of roll up system or have any good ideas for installing the cover by myself?

I have tried to do the safety cover myself but it's just much easier with two people. If you fan fold the safety cover when removing, it's easier to install again. You could try to roll it on a solar cover reel if you have one and unroll it off the reel, but I suspect that would be too much weight for most reel systems, especially if your pool is 20 feet wide.

I'm not much help on diving boards as I've always had my old rusty but functional board since I moved in. I know they seem expensive for what your getting. Think my neighbors new basic diving board like mine was close to $2000 installed.

I have tried to do the safety cover myself but it's just much easier with two people. If you fan fold the safety cover when removing, it's easier to install again. You could try to roll it on a solar cover reel if you have one and unroll it off the reel, but I suspect that would be too much weight for most reel systems, especially if your pool is 20 feet wide.

I'm not much help on diving boards as I've always had my old rusty but functional board since I moved in. I know they seem expensive for what your getting. Think my neighbors new basic diving board like mine was close to $2000 installed.

I normally fold it up to make it easier to install. It's just so heavy, but you know what I mean. When I uncover the pool, I generally drag it out to the yard and lay it out flat so I can clean it really good, then fold.

As far as the diving board, I am just really looking for the a board itself that will simply bolt to my my u-frame setup that is already there. We have a basic board that I feel is fine but my son wants something springier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.