Yes we are very rural. There are no neighborhood kids to speak of. Our house is surrounded by woods so if you are in our back yard, you pretty much need to be invited!
As for the fence, We have drilled and drilled and continue to drill my youngest (4) about the dangers of the pool. She respects it plus she doesn't go outside by herself. To tell the truth I would be more worried about the pond.
My boys (11 and 14) stay out unless we are supervising.
This was quite a debate in our house. Neither of us wanted a fence because it would take away from the country view but we also want our kids safe. In the end we decided that it was up to us to raise our kids safely and teach them... No fence is going to keep out a kid that wants in.

The pool looks great! Hopefully you don't get too many pond critters trying out the new pond you just put in. :)

If you wanted an added level of security you could install a pool alarm. I recently reviewed one by poolguard that I think is a good unit. Our kids are quite a bit younger than yours though. Ours are 4,2 and 7 months.

Yeah, we get lots of critters in the pool. Geese, snakes, and frogs. The deer have gotten a drink from it but the oddest one was a mole, I never would have guessed that moles could swim but he was having quite a good time!
As for the stairs, prior there was nothing there and the land is a natural hill. It was like looking from a second story window!
The stairs really are my favorite part! I see some of you guys pools though and I think wow, mine is really plain! Some of you have very very nice landscaping!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.