Do NOT use trichlor

gtm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
Was working in the den and had a rerun of Law and Order on for background noise. The detectives executed a search warrant, went to the plastic bin next to the hot tub and found .... CHLORINE!!!

Trichlor tabs!

The spa owner was convicted of murder in short order. Or maybe it was the hottie in the tub with him taht was convicted. Sorry, like I said, I was trying to work.

But it all makes sense in a weird sort of way, doesn't it?

P.S. I thought I should mention that I did NOT make this up!!!

gtm said:
Was working in the den and had a rerun of Law and Order on for background noise. The detectives executed a search warrant, went to the plastic bin next to the hot tub and found .... CHLORINE!!!

Trichlor tabs!

The spa owner was convicted of murder in short order. Or maybe it was the hottie in the tub with him taht was convicted. Sorry, like I said, I was trying to work.

But it all makes sense in a weird sort of way, doesn't it?

No, no, nothing like that.

The chlorine was being used for something involving aging wine bottle corks for use in making counterfeit bottles. Somehow because of this (I wasn't following too closely), the detectives decided the key to solving the murder was to identify someone who had "access to chlorine".

Then they went in, found the guy in a hot tub, opened the bin, found a bucket of trichlor tabs, and then one of the detectives waves around a tab and says, "Arrest him!"

What struck me as funny was they were so amazed at finding such a thing near a homeowners pool or spa. Can you imagine the subsequent interrogation?

Detective: "So, where did you get the chlorine? And don't hand us that 'pool store' line again!"
Suspect: "Really, I got it at Leslie's!"
Detective: "Leslie who? And what exactly were you doing with the chlorine?"
Suspect: "I was using it to sanitize my spa!"
Detective: "Yeah right! Do you really expect a jury to buy THAT story!?"

Sorry, I should've explained a little better, but it struck me as really funny that "possession of chlorine" would seem so strange to the writers of the show and I just dashed off the message.

Gary

Well now, doesn't that make you think? Even TV writers know that you shouldn't rely solely on tri-chlor to sanitize a spa or pool :) Someone has obviously done their reading here.

OK - time to fess up - which member writes for Law & Order???? :lol:

Gary - thanks for the update on Julie and the size of your family (and, no I hadn't forgotten that :p )

Ted

Hi Ted! It is especially ironic that it was a Trichlor tab, isn't it? In addition to laughing thinking about the Law and Order interrogation, I also got this great vision of someone in a uniform (TFP logo on the arm) standing next to my pool back in the green days waving a tab at the pool service guy (aka, the Pool Fool) saying, "What were you thinking?!" -- Cheers, Gary

chemgeek, that was for sure the one. But on reading the synopsis, I have to say that it was definitely the hottie that was convicted, and not the wine bozo. Also, it's apparent that chlorine was a very, very, very small part of the story. I guess it's obvious that I'm getting into this pool care thing way too much. All I heard and watched was the reference to chlorine!

gtm said:
Also, it's apparent that chlorine was a very, very, very small part of the story. I guess it's obvious that I'm getting into this pool care thing way too much.All I heard and watched was the reference to chlorine! All I heard and watched was the reference to chlorine!

Pooliosis? :mrgreen: :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Joyce. I should've added that while Julie thinks that I am way, way too into this, she also thinks that the pool is gorgeous since I took over. And she also doesn't worry anymore about whether it's safe for the kids to swim while the pool is green! Not because she trusts me, you understand, but because the pool is never green anymore. Amounts to the same thing, though, doesn't it? ... Gary

waste said:
Even TV writers know that you shouldn't rely solely on tri-chlor to sanitize a spa or pool :) Someone has obviously done their reading here.

Ted

Now, if there had been a bottle of bleach next to the Bucket, there wouldn't have been a problem and the investigators would have just moved on.

AND we would know for sure that a writer also writes here. :wink:

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.