CYA, Cl and SE Texas Rainfall!!!

pragmatic

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
Friendswood, TX
2015 has brought Bookoo’s of rain to SE Texas. Unfortunately it seems like much more on the way with a tropical storm looming in the Gulf.
We’ve had so much water this year that I’m back to using my tab chlorine feeder at full-blast (I let me CYA drop to 30PPM) :( Normally 1 bucket of tabs are good for the year, but I’ll break into another this year. As much as we bash the tabs (for obvious reasons), they sure make it a bit more care-free. I may even go to cal-hypo to bring my levels back up.

FYI-Our last three-year-avg has been about 55inches, but our year-to-date 2015 is already at 40inches!!

We only bash trichlor tablets when they are used blindly. You know what you are doing and understand their effects, so they very well are prefect for your current climate.

2015 has brought Bookoo’s of rain to SE Texas. Unfortunately it seems like much more on the way with a tropical storm looming in the Gulf.
We’ve had so much water this year that I’m back to using my tab chlorine feeder at full-blast (I let me CYA drop to 30PPM) :( Normally 1 bucket of tabs are good for the year, but I’ll break into another this year. As much as we bash the tabs (for obvious reasons), they sure make it a bit more care-free. I may even go to cal-hypo to bring my levels back up.

FYI-Our last three-year-avg has been about 55inches, but our year-to-date 2015 is already at 40inches!!

I had to do the same thing. After that 10" rain overnight on Memorial Day my CYA went to "0" per pool store and I confirmed. I have been using pucks to get some CYA and control the dilution. Looks like we are going to get a frog strangler Tuesday though.

10" of rain should not make your CYA drop to 0ppm ... for that to happen you would have had to get 100% water replacement. 10" should have only lowered the CYA by about 25% ... assuming the pool did not fill with soil and bacteria and broke all the CYA down somehow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.