Broken outlet?

Jun 1, 2015
San diego
So I just got done building, filled up the pool and did the initial filter procedures but when I started to filter I noticed something odd. The water outlet is letting water come out some of the holes. Does anybody have this problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 54
I just cut new holes to use these exact intake and return and my head does the same thing. Pressure is awesome but it shoots water out of the sides as well.
I am afraid to unscrew as I just cut the holes and don't want to break the good seal i have.

I can take some pics for you. I just upgraded to a 22x54 summer escapes pool that came with a skimmer. i did not want to use the skimmer with my sand filter so I had to cut new holes for the intake and return. After a few dozen reads and youtube videos I bit the bullet and did it. Everything is working great aside from some water spurting from the return like yours.

I have been told that you should point the 'eye' at a 45 degree left, 45 degree down angle. That way you create a vortex that makes the entire body of water circulate and brings up debris from the bottom to the skimmer. Looks like you should also raise the water level a bit so that the outlet is below the surface.

Go ahead and look into a Hayward skimmer. They work much better than the over-the-wall Intex ones, and they come with a better return eyeball and a vacuum adapter too. Money well spent!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.