Another slightly different "No Cell power" situation causing power problems to pump.

Jun 15, 2015
Rolesville, NC
Another slightly different "No Cell power" situation causing power problems to pump.

I'm having a related issue, I was getting the "No cell power" message and just maintained chlorine manually. Now having pump power issues. 2 speed motor; On high speed, voltage of 120 only on the one high speed line in, on low speed, voltage of 120 on common, hi, and low ! Any idea's ?

Re: Another slightly different "No Cell power" situation causing power problems to pu

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like something is not wired correctly. Has it ever worked correctly?
We are going to need more info and likely pictures of your wiring/switches/timers and equipment.

Re: Another slightly different "No Cell power" situation causing power problems to pu

I guess I am not clear what you are asking about ... the SWG saying no cell power or the 2-speed pump clearly not being powered correctly. I can not see how one would create the other.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

2 issues, 1st is the "No cell power" which has been going on for 2 seasons now and I'm just maintaining the chlorine manually. 2nd, new issue is the pump stopped working, trips breaker on low and just doesn't work on high. Nothing has been changed on the wiring. Voltage at the motor measures 120 at the red hi speed line only and nothing on the common or low speed lines while control set for HI speed. While set for Low speed, the voltage measures 120 on all 3 wires.

Are you measure the voltage to ground?

You need to trace the power lines back through any switches and timers to the circuit breaker and find the problem.

You should only see 120v when measuring to ground. There should be one common line that always has 120v when power is applied. Either the high or low will have 120v depending on which position the switch is in. You should read 240v between the high or low line, and the common line. Since you have voltage on the high line only when on high, and on all three when on low, it sounds like there may be more than one problem. The switch may be faulty. That would explain the voltage on all three lines. It does not explain why the common line has intermittent power. If you are mistaken about the common line, then that would make more sense as far as the switch being faulty, and the common line really being the one that always has power.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.