CYA 60

Saturdays values were
FC 4.5
cc 0
pH 7.6
TA 120
CH 200
CYA 60

We had a TON of rain and then LOTS and LOTS of bodies in the water. I had my SWG only at 25% with pump time about 10 hours a day. I am still learning the SWG and TFP methods.

My water is crystal clear and has the jeweled look!!

My question is this - should I add the appropriate amount of 12.5% to bring it to target or should I super chlorinate for the next 6-8 hours and retest in the morning? Currently there are (4) 11 year olds swimming and we are expecting storms tonight and possibly tomorrow as well …

Thank you for your help.

I dont have an SWG, but I think the general recommendation is to use bleach rather than to super-chlorinate with the SWG. That way you immediately get it back up to target and don't have to adjust the settings. One gallon would likely serve you right with your pool size. Good luck.

It's your choice how you bring the chlorine level up, but the SWG is going to be vvery slow. You really don't want the FC below 3 at any time so you may need to adjust you r% or run time to keep the level a little higher.

if it were me, like PT said I would just bring the kids out of the pool an pour in some bleach with the pump running to get it up to 4 or 5.

Always keep in mind that the SWG has a finite life span and the more often you run it hard or "super chlorinate" you are just reducing the life faster than you need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.