New install

Jun 13, 2015
Tupelo Ms
So in preparing everything to make sure I have everything. I have a question do you spray a ground sterilizer on ground after removing turf and leveling. I will be using the 3/4" extruded polystyrene foam panels instead of sand my yard is mainly sand. If you do spray a sterilizer what kind do you use. Thanks in advance

You don't have to unless you have an invasive grass or weeds growing.

I did sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth Ant/Crawling Insect Killer under my extruded polystyrene---just an extra safeguard and it was cheap. Read somewhere on this forum that it was suggested. Troublefreepool.com was an incredible source of information and could not have done my project without the help of the people on this forum.

Nut grass is the biggest problem from what I have read. If you have it in your yard, I would spray, and spray with something that is persistent for a least a couple months. This of course is just my take on the situation. (having a large amount of nut grass myself)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.