Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite Flow Switch Repair

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Aqua Rite Flow Switch Repair

For anyone with Aqua Rite experience: I have a customer whose dog chewed through the connection wire between the Aqua Rite flow switch and the Aqua Rite control panel. Can this wire be replaced? It looks like telephone wire that could be spliced back together, but unfortunately the wire was chewed off right at the switch, so there is little wire to work with on the plumbing end. From what I have been able to research, you have to buy the switch with the wire in order to fix this ($119+). Thanks for your help.
    15,323 gallon inground pool, Wetedge Primera Stone plaster, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Pentair IntelliFlo 4x160 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Pentair Kreepy Krauly. No spa, no heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite Flow Switch Repair

If you don't have enough room to splice the wire back together, you will need to replace the switch

While we're on the subject - we wire tie (zip strip) or electrical tape the wires to the pipes and up off the ground (had a goodly number of flow switch wires get hit by weed whackers), while this won't help if a dog decides to gnaw on the pipe end, it may prevent some damaged cords.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

The goldline switch is an insane price. Go with a generic switch. That will use the old wire or a new one with spade connectors. That way if it ever happens again you won't have switch the whole thing out.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks spishex. Any idea on a brand of generic switch or maybe a website? Googling did not get me anywhere (so far). Thanks.
    15,323 gallon inground pool, Wetedge Primera Stone plaster, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Pentair IntelliFlo 4x160 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Pentair Kreepy Krauly. No spa, no heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are a few. Look for spa flow switches.