Brand New Hose Broke in Less Than a Month

Jun 24, 2014
Rockland County, NY
Hi Everybody! Okay so this just happened. :(

IMG_9426.jpg

Brand new hose, purchased locally (about $20), installed with new clamps & Jacks Multilube. I replaced a cracked older hose that I inherited from the previous owner. What went wrong? Is it a just a cheap hose? Is there a brand of hose anyone would recommend? Other than replacing with PVC piping (which I'll maybe do in the future) what can I do to prevent this from happening again with this kind of hose? A friend suggested installing an elbow to relieve the pressure on the end of the hose. Is this a good suggestion?

Thanks!

It was probably made defective at the factory. I got rid of all my hoses because one of my hoses blew off and emptied 25% of my pool when I went from a cheap intex filter pump to my 4000gph Hayward pump. A 90 degree elbow, maybe with a 45 degree elbow would help the hose drape nicely onto the ground releiving the pinch point. I would definitely plan on hard piping the entire system when time and funds allow. You get better flow with pvc also.

Another problem I had with the intake hose on my old intex pool was that my pump would collapse it, further resticting the flow. Too muck pump for a hose with the intex inlet and all of its grillage at the intake. On my ultraframe, I cut the grillage out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.