Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Identify make/model of jet [photo included]

1. Back To Top    #1

Identify make/model of jet [photo included]

My in-ground gunite spa was recently resurfaced with pebble-tec and the crew "lost" my jets. I've attached a photo below before it was redone, but they appear to be standard 1" in size but have these short blue rubber things on the end of them. I've tried replacing them with standard Hayward SP1419E hydrostream jets but when I do that the spa doesn't produce any bubbles - as soon as I remove the SP1419E jets the bubbles come back immediately. I do not have a blower in my set up as it uses a passive venturi system similar to above-ground spas.

Any ideas where what these jets are or where I can find them?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Identify make/model of jet [photo included]

You could try and get standard jest with a bigger orfice. That is the problem. I have a similiar set-up as yours. The three spa jest are standard movable "eye" type jets, the same as the return jets, but with a bigger hole.

I have noticed that if the back pressure at the jets is too high, the venturi action that sucks the air in stops.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

3. Back To Top    #3

I've only ever seen those packaged with the whole venturi body. I'll keep an eye out.

4. Back To Top    #4

Came across one the other day. The whole unit is a Hayward SP1430, and the eyeball itself is SPX1430B but I can't find it anywhere. The good news is you can get the whole thing for less than $5 anyway.