Got my new pool up and opened

Apr 13, 2013
This year i upgraded to the intex 18ft x 52 in ultra frame. So i made my hole bigger leveled it out and got her going. Its running on the intex sand 2400 gph sand filter and 15000 gallon salt water generator atm. However, my hayward skimmer is on the way. When it gets here ill put my waterway 1hp with 100lb sand filter on it and hard plum everything. Question should i leave the standard skimmer port w/o floating skimmer and the hayward skimmer so i have two inlets? I plan on adding a fountain as well. Ill post pictures soon.

Water numbers
FC 4
Ph 7.6
TA 85
CYA 35 (still have the sock hanging trying to get the 4lbs of cya dissolved) Goal is 65-70
Salt 3200 ppm

BBB user since 2009

Thanks
Germando

I would. The Hayward will skim off the surface and the other one will pick up particles suspended below in the water.

I would probably put a plunger valve on the old port so that you can get full suction at the Hayward if you decide to use the vacuum adapter.

Based on the CYA chart and current reading of 35 (rounded up to 40), you should bump-up your FC to at least 5, never letting it go below 3. Use the Chlorine/CYA chart (link below) to validate your new FC level as your CYA begins to increase.

I'm afraid I can't answer the skimmer question, so I'll leave that to another TFP'er. Congrats on the new set-up!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Yes, as noted above your FC should be slightly higher (5). As you use your pool and adjust your levels, you'll eventually get that SWG adjusted to where it generates the FC at the rate you need. At any time though (i.e. during SLAM) if you need to add a little liquid bleach in to immediately increase your FC, it's okay to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

The SWG in itself does not mean you use less FC (chlorine), it's just making the FC for your pool. The FC level for your pool will always depend on your current CYA reading.

That is correct - 5 for a SWG. I didn't see that in your narrative above. For future reference. it would be helpful if you added your pool info to your signature as follows:
Add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.