SWG recommendations

Jun 1, 2015
toronto
Hello- as some might have seen my other posts, I currently have a 40k salt water generator from Hayward. It does not seem to be producing enough chlorine for a roughly 60,000 gallon pool. Instead of buying jugs of liquid chlorine to compensate I am looking around for a replacement unit and wanted to see what everyone suggests. Price is not an issue if the unit accurately supplies enough chlorine for my pool size. The only one I have been able to find online is from Pentair. Any suggestions?

Pentair makes an excellent SWG and I am very happy with mine after 3 years. The IC60 is rated for 60k gallons. Usually, people recommend buying a SWG that is 1-1/2 to 3 times larger than the pool. So, you can get the IC60 and maybe need to add bleach occasionally to supplement during high demand periods. You also may need to run the pump extra time to keep up with demand. Or you could get 2 IC40s and have some extra bandwidth. Also, being in Toronto may have reduced chlorine demand co pared to Texas due to less sun, lower temps, etc.

Someone more expert in the details of SWGs may come along more details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.