Water still a little cloudy New Numbers

Jun 9, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Ok I haven't received my kit yet so i am still relying on Leslie's for my testing.

FAC = 0
TAC= 0
CH = 240
CYA = 80
TA = 110
pH = 7.4
Copper = 0
Iron = 0
TDS = 1200
Pho = 200

Pool wanted me to buy phos free for the phosphates, but i declined. If i can control the algae then phosphates will not matter, also said he wouldn't put Borax in the pool, doesn't no how safe it is. I giggled.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Your in very dangerous waters right now! You need to get some chlorine in that pool, and keep it in there. If your CYA is really 80, then you should always have a FC of at least 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Also unless you have a SWG, I would start accepting he fact that you will need to do a large drain and fill to get your CYA down. Wait until your kit comes first though so you can do a real CYA test.

I would wait on draining to correct CYA until you have your own test kit. Pool stores are notoriously inaccurate on that test. You do want to get some chlorine in the pool but without knowing your true CYA I'd target a minimum of 3-4 until you get good test results.

With cloudy water, I suspect you will need to SLAM your pool when your test kit arrives.

I added 2 lbs of shock, not bleach yet as i have already paid fir this stuff might add well use it. I don't give much credence to the CYA test from the poo guys. They tested it last Friday and said it was 0 and i needed to add stabilizer. So i added what they recommended now it is 80. By the chart on the bucket it should have only raised it 30 ppm

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.