Who's still here? part II

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Last year I asked a similar question here. The responses were mostly from supporters but quite a few members responded :goodjob:

I'm asking again, if you see this PLEASE answer this post!! :bowdown:

I realize that we now have many more folks from Australia (where it's swimming season) and other localities who can still use their pools :wink:

It's fun for me to know who still visits during the 'off' months and shares my addiction to this site :-D

I hope that everyone that reads this will at least say "hi" :wave:

Ted

Still here in North Texas. We are not swimming (water is 45 degrees) but just finished landscaping around pool. Now we are working on adding solar system and deck, and looking into outdoor speakers, deck furniture, awnings, and other amenities getting ready for spring. So I am still browsing around the boards, looking at what other people have done and researching as we get ready to do these things.
Also, my pool is not fully closed- we run it on a thermostat during freezes and keep the water level up. Using polyquat to prevent algae, but at 45 degrees, not much grows.
Texas gets hot early- with solar we will definitely be swimming in May, and could even start in April if it warms up early.

Still here as well not swimming water is to cold. But pool is still open. Running pump at night for freezing an some circulation.Didnt get the leaf net on in time for the yearly leaf drop <sigh> so I will be like Duraleigh in the spring and doing some fishing !

I took my leaf net off too early, about 2 weeks ago. There were just a "few" leaves on the trees, so I thought, why not? We got two weeks of heavy winds and storms- turns out there were more leaves on those trees than I thought. We are still leaf fishing, but once I get them out, I think the leaves are all down. Lesson learned for next year- wait until ALL leaves are down to remove leaf net.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Amjohn, Dont forget depending on what type of trees you have, in the spring some trees drop stuff in the water when they are budding. I'm not sure what type of tree we have around our pool ( I think an Oak tree) but it drops a "worm" like seedling when its budding in the spring time and they are a pain too. I would leave your net on your pool until your ready to use it and are testing your water on a regular basis again for the swim season ....

I still check in every day or two. We've had heavy frost the last three mornings and the pool filter cuts on and wakes my wife. That's a daaaangerous thing to do. Air temp shows 36 degrees with water temp at 49. Plan to celebrate the New Year with the second annual Spa Spectacular. Woohoo!

Plus, I am fascinated by Henry Porter's pool build and don't want to miss the next chapter.

Hey Ted,

gtm here, and I'm still addicted. It's a rare night that I don't read all the new posts.

I think I have the chemistry in hand now, but I never got around to replying to your question (you probably won't remember) as to whether Julie had ever come 'round to BBB. The short answer is that she's not only joined the flock, she's adding the bleach when I'm out of town! And no new little ones on the way. Unfortunately ...

I'm looking forward to the winter slowdown for purely selfish reasons. I want to get help with my stains while all you pros have lots of time on your hands. More on that soon.

Cheers, Gary

P.S. Been enjoying reading your DIY in ground pool series. I'm working along with you, but decided to do a scaled down test project first. I expect to soon have the coolest, cleanest, best engineered birdbath on the street! Just joking Ted ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.