Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's still here? part II

1. Back To Top    #1

Who's still here? part II

Last year I asked a similar question here. The responses were mostly from supporters but quite a few members responded

I'm asking again, if you see this PLEASE answer this post!!

I realize that we now have many more folks from Australia (where it's swimming season) and other localities who can still use their pools

It's fun for me to know who still visits during the 'off' months and shares my addiction to this site

I hope that everyone that reads this will at least say "hi"

Ted
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who's still here? part II

Still here in North Texas. We are not swimming (water is 45 degrees) but just finished landscaping around pool. Now we are working on adding solar system and deck, and looking into outdoor speakers, deck furniture, awnings, and other amenities getting ready for spring. So I am still browsing around the boards, looking at what other people have done and researching as we get ready to do these things.
    Also, my pool is not fully closed- we run it on a thermostat during freezes and keep the water level up. Using polyquat to prevent algae, but at 45 degrees, not much grows.
    Texas gets hot early- with solar we will definitely be swimming in May, and could even start in April if it warms up early.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5

Still here as well not swimming water is to cold. But pool is still open. Running pump at night for freezing an some circulation.Didnt get the leaf net on in time for the yearly leaf drop <sigh> so I will be like Duraleigh in the spring and doing some fishing !
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

6. Back To Top    #6

I took my leaf net off too early, about 2 weeks ago. There were just a "few" leaves on the trees, so I thought, why not? We got two weeks of heavy winds and storms- turns out there were more leaves on those trees than I thought. We are still leaf fishing, but once I get them out, I think the leaves are all down. Lesson learned for next year- wait until ALL leaves are down to remove leaf net.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi!

9. Back To Top    #9

Here. Pool actually still in use with gas assist, but about to be shut down (put in winter mode with less runtime and no heating) the end of this week.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

10. Back To Top    #10

HELLOOOOO
    Above ground 24'round-vinyl-14,000 gal,,1 speed-2 hp pump, 250 lb sand filter ..heated,,salted,,lighted,,decked,,with slide and pool rover jr.....
    TFP 100,,am doing the BBB thing...Wet is Wild!

11. Back To Top    #11

Amjohn, Dont forget depending on what type of trees you have, in the spring some trees drop stuff in the water when they are budding. I'm not sure what type of tree we have around our pool ( I think an Oak tree) but it drops a "worm" like seedling when its budding in the spring time and they are a pain too. I would leave your net on your pool until your ready to use it and are testing your water on a regular basis again for the swim season ....
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

12. Back To Top    #12

Here also waiting for the cold weather to roll in.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

13. Back To Top    #13

I still check in every day or two. We've had heavy frost the last three mornings and the pool filter cuts on and wakes my wife. That's a daaaangerous thing to do. Air temp shows 36 degrees with water temp at 49. Plan to celebrate the New Year with the second annual Spa Spectacular. Woohoo!

Plus, I am fascinated by Henry Porter's pool build and don't want to miss the next chapter.
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

14. Back To Top    #14

Hey Ted,

gtm here, and I'm still addicted. It's a rare night that I don't read all the new posts.

I think I have the chemistry in hand now, but I never got around to replying to your question (you probably won't remember) as to whether Julie had ever come 'round to BBB. The short answer is that she's not only joined the flock, she's adding the bleach when I'm out of town! And no new little ones on the way. Unfortunately ...

I'm looking forward to the winter slowdown for purely selfish reasons. I want to get help with my stains while all you pros have lots of time on your hands. More on that soon.

Cheers, Gary

P.S. Been enjoying reading your DIY in ground pool series. I'm working along with you, but decided to do a scaled down test project first. I expect to soon have the coolest, cleanest, best engineered birdbath on the street! Just joking Ted ...
    15,000 gal. IG fiberglass pool w/ 1 hp Hayward Max-Flo and 250 lb. Hayward sand filter
    Located in St. Petersburg, Florida, and enclosed in a birdcage

15. Back To Top    #15

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

16. Back To Top    #16

Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

17. Back To Top    #17

I love this forum - read it every few days.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

18. Back To Top    #18

I'm a daily visitor.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

19. Back To Top    #19

I'm here daily.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

Daily or more for me
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast