Yet another question-rain, snag putting pool up

Jun 11, 2015
O'Fallon, MO
Hello again, after about dying from heat stroke yesterday, the pool is up but.......my son was half sick & was spent by the time we got it up. This is an Intex metal frame, but it's 24 x 52 so big. I had a 24' very old doughboy that was down except for walk around deck popular on those old ones (and very handy for cleaning). We tried just leaving it up hoping this pool would work in the middle but the angled top is a different size so it has to come down. We got rained out plus didn't have tools plus my poor son with a nasty cold meant we did not tackle that at all. So now I'm at the mercy of my other son to come over & cut at least half of that deck off before I can fill this pool b/c it won't allow us to expand it enough to be level/steady if that makes sense. OK, that's my background-here's my question. It rained in this pool & rain is in the forecast for the next week at least. Not constant, but thunderstorms are forecasted daily. My thoughts are to pour some bleach in there with the rainwater even if it's only a half inch deep so should I? Any different suggestions? Thanks in advance yet again!

Figure out the pool volume. poolmath doesn't care if the pool is .08 ft deep, it'll still calculate the volume, and then you can calculate the bleach. Probably no more than a few spoonfuls. I'd dilute it in a bucket of water and then brush a bit to get it well-distributed. Probably takes longer to type than do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.