Lake Charles, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
A friend of mine who isn't that computer savvy has ask me for some help. My water looks great! Thanks to you guys & my TF-100. Anyway his pool was installed by the same company that did mine and he has the exact same as mine (30,500 gal). He opted to go with Pentair clean and clear plus cartridge filter and pentair intellichlor generator. He was on vacation this past week while his deck was being pored. When he returned home yesterday his water had a green tint to it. So after cleaning his filters yesterday and running his pump all night till now it hasn't got any better. So he has reached out to me, and now I'm reaching out to you guys. Please see if you guys can give me a hand. I will get him on board with the TF 100 as soon as I can. Till then he is getting me some numbers with a Walmart test kit.

Thanks in advance

Salt 3400

Chlorine 1
pH 7.5
CYA 35
Alkalinity 130
Hardness 70

Nice of you to try and help your friend, but the Wal-Mart kit won't be the most reliable. Any chance you would use your TF-100 to get him some good numbers? :)

"If" these numbers were to be fairly accurate, the chlorine is obviously very low. I would guess there are some CC levels as well, we don't see that in your post. I suspect a SLAM is in the near future for your friend. You might want to let him know what the TFP SLAM process is all about and start getting prepared.

Update: I just spoke with my friend and he said, "the waters not green anymore but kinda cloudy but not milky". This was after putting in 5#'s of level 4 Hth @ 1:30 yesterday and running his pump and dolphin throughout the rest of the day and last night. I didn't catch him in time before telling him the SLAM procedure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.