Safe pressure to run filter at?

Jun 14, 2015
DeBary, FL
I'm in a rental home with an in ground pool. The pool has lion head water features as inlets. There are no other inlets into the pool other than through these features.

Right now the water is coming out of the heads pretty hard and I'd like to lower the pressure coming out. But doing this increases the internal pressure within the filter.

So my question is, what might be a safe pressure to run the filter at before I damage something? If I close the valves to where I'd like them to be, the pressure runs around 30 +\- psi.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

If you are closing the valves and getting 30+ psi, you almost have them shut off. I would not allow more than 25 to be really safe but 30 should cause no harm, I am a little surprised you get adequate flow.

Thank you for the advice. So I did some playing around with the valves trying to figure out what did what and I think I've got things sorted out.

The pool also has in ground pop up cleaners. The way the valves were turned, they were controlling the flow to both the "main" lion head and the pop ups. So when I closed that off to reduce the flow so it wasn't shooting 3/4 of the way across the pool, it also closed off pressure to the pop ups.

Once I figured out what was wrong, I turned the valve around the right way and now I can close off the lion head without affecting the pop ups. Also, since the pop ups are now working correctly (they weren't before because of a lack of pressure), the pressure is running around 25 psi or less, and I've got the lions spitting at a good, low pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.