Liguid plumber?

Miscanthus

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2009
I think I could have debris stuck in one of my skimmer pipes. Is it ok to pour liquid plumber into the skimmer to see if it will dissolve what may be
clogging the pipe.

I have one skimmer. When I shut off the main drain the pump will sucks all the water out of the skimmer line then it fills back up and it sucks it all out again. Over and over. Thats the best way I can describe it.

Ooooh, using LP doesn't sound like an ideal thing to use in my opinion. Might open-up a slew of chemical changes. Many others have had pugged pipes and resolved them manually with a plumbers snake or perhaps air pressure. Sometimes water pushing backwards. I would wait for another reply or two from the TFP veterans to confirm though. I don't want to steer your wrong, just be cautious.

Noooooooooooo!!

LP is way too caustic for your pools equipment. You can easily damage your equipment with it. If the line is truly clogged you need to blow it out using a hose bladder or, very carefully with compressed air.

I have one skimmer. When I shut off the main drain the pump will sucks all the water out of the skimmer line then it fills back up and it sucks it all out again. Over and over. Thats the best way I can describe it.

I think your pipe is fine. What you are describing sounds more like a sticking weir, low water level or a pump that just moves more water than the skimmer alone can supply.

Ouch! I'd suspect even diluted that stuff may burn!!! Well, at least they don't use lye in that stuff anymore :)

Actually lye is sodium hydroxide in solid form. Many formulations of LP, Draino, etc, use different concentrations of sodium hydroxide in solution.

Sodium hydroxide is extremely caustic even at low concentrations. Glue joints and certain kinds of plastics can be easily damaged by a slug of high pH water sitting in one area for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.