Vacuum with Sand Filter

Jun 30, 2013
MA
I just purchased the Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model SF70110 for my 18x48 ultra frame intex pool. I also bought a new vacuum head but I'm having a problem with the debris getting clogged in the intake connector of the pool. Their is no way of taking the strainer off. I had to use an adapter that screw on the strainer in order to use the hose. I vacuum the pool and when I take the connector and hose off all the debris goes back into the pool. Very frustrating. Anyone have any advice on what I could do to prevent this?pool adapter.jpg

Yeah, I remember those days. I used to keep my net handy, but some of the stuff always got loose and back into the pool.

The only real solution I know of is to install a thru-the-wall skimmer like my Hayward Dyna-skim. It comes with an adapter played to which you can connect a vacuum. And it does a much better job of keeping the pool clean to begin with.

Don't be afraid to cut your liner -- it's simple to install. And you will never regret it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.