Strange problem with pool timer INTERMATIC PB913N66 going on on its own!

Jun 14, 2015
Plano,TX
Hello TFP,
That is my first post to any forum since a long long time, i have a strange problem and i have been trying to to solve it for months now.
Basically my automatic timer turns on the circuit (make the filter/pump work) unexpectedly although the pins aren't pulled; to more describe it with an example if i set the timer to run for 2 hours , it will run just fine and then stops as expected but some hours later (which i can't detect!) it will close the circuit and turning the pump/filter.
just so you know i bought a new replacement timer from amazon and suspected it was malfunctioning so i ordered another one and i am having same issue.
I am attaching a picture of what i have maybe that could help if someone faced the same issue with the same setup. at this point i am not sure which part of the panel should i suspect.
Regards.IMG_0871.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcome :) i am suspecting it maybe the freeze protection, the box has this thermostat Amazon.com : Zodiac 7026 Freeze Protection Adj : Swimming Pool And Spa Supplies : Patio, Lawn Garden
now the question is how to troubleshoot the freeze thermostat , also is there a way to disable it so i can check whether the problem will go away. I live in Dallas so we get freezing once or twice a year so i am more interested in automating the water cycling then having freeze protection! :)
Regards,

I would think there has to be a way to disable the freeze protection, but I am not sure how without going and finding and reading the manual ... I will let you do that leg work ;)

Quick update about the issue, i found out that my panel control board is more close to this http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0279900.ashx
I tried to unplug the freeze sensor wires from the board but that had the effect of treating the sensor input as if it is always freezing! meaning the pump was always on
So i went ahead and bought a new freeze sensor that is similar to the one i have Amazon.com : Zodiac R0449900 Freeze Sensor Replacement Kit for Zodiac Jandy Pool Link Dual Timer Module : Swimming Pool And Spa Supplies : Patio, Lawn Garden
and unfortunately that didn't solve the problem, now i am left with only two parts to suspect:
1- i suspect it maybe a relay issue (however i am not sure how to test that)
2- it maybe a board issue (but that would be my last resort as i am not budgeting for such thing right now)

again my problem is pump starts itself on unexpectedly so far i changed timer, freeze sensor with no luck to make it off when timer circuit is not closed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.