Is adding around 100 ounces of bleach per day

If I did my Poolmath calculator correctly based on your pool size and CYA, that would appear to be 4.5 ppm each day which does seem a bit high. Somewhat explainable perhaps based on total exposure to sun, swimming load, CYA of 40, etc. You could always sneak that CYA up to 50 to try and save some FC per day. You could also post a full set of test results and/or do an OCLT just to be safe. Hope this helps.

100oz of fresh 8.25% into 15k gallons is 4.4ppm. That is slightly on the high side of "normal" but not way out of line. Especially with a lot of use. Raising CYA a little more might help a bit but, not a lot.

Seem about right? Cya is 40. 15,000 gallon pool. Just seems like a lot to me. It is usually around 90 degrees outside and the pool gets full sun all day. It is used a lot also. Thx
In Effects of Adding Chemicals at the bottom of poolmath, it says 100 oz of 8.25% bleach in 15,000 gallons raises FC by 4.4

In full sun with only 40 CYA and a lot of use, not unreasonable.

The way to know for sure is to run an overnight loss test. If nothing's growing in the pool, you won't lose hardly any.

If you don't have anything eating it up overnight, try raising CYA to 50. If you do - meaning you failed the OCLT - then you need to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.