Convert Baquacity to Simple Blue (anyone heard of this)

Jun 13, 2015
Davenport, Ia
I opened my pool 2 weeks ago and it is green! Yuck!. I have tried all I can. The reason I do not convert to chlorine is because my husband hates chlorine smell. Has anyone tried using Simple Blue?? Right now I am letting my pool run out of Baquacil and then I am going to switch it over. Please let me know. My pool is an above ground and is 18 X 24. Thanks for any info as I am very frustrated right now.:(

It looks like Simple Blue is an additive and appears useless, IMO. The following is from their website:

Simple Blue Pool Manager is formulated to be compatible with chlorine generators used for salt systems. Additionally, Simple Blue is compatable with chlorine, bromine, and ozone systems.
Simple Blue Pool Manager is a proactive system working to prevent water problems from becoming your problems. Simplify your pool maintenance and try Simple Blue.

If Simple Blue is compatible with chlorine, then why use it? Chlorine "prevent water problems from becoming your problems" all on its own.

I just completed my conversion from Baquacil to chlorine last night, when I replaced my sand and added stabilizer. It's not a hard process if you stay on it (boost Free Chlorine levels with liquid chlorine every hour during daylight hours over a two day period. 3 times a day after that (early Morning, Evening, and Nightfall). Then brush, vaccuum, and backwash at least once a day until OCLT. The heavy lifting is complete in about 4 days. From then it's mainly brushing and vacuuming and there is no smell if the water is properly balanced.

Welcome to TFP!

I agree with above, Simply Blue is not a very good system, especially when compared to TFPC. The methods taught here create a different pool experience than typical chlorine methods. We properly measure and maintain the levels in our pools, but it is not as complicated as it sounds. It produces a much cleaner, safer, and yes better smelling pool than baqua, typical chlorine nethods, or any mineral sanitizer system.

I hope you will look around the site and see some of the success stories we have. It really is a much different system than you may think.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.