New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

Just looked over the equipment you're having installed. Is there any way you can have them take out the UV and Ozone and get the money back on those? They're not necessary for sanitation and generally a waste of $$$.
I essentially got the Sense and Dispense PH controller and the Clear O3 Ozone for 'free', since they had a promotion. Price didn't change if I didn't want it. (I know nothing is "free" and is built into the full price, but 'free' gives a little peace of mind).
The UV was put in at a discount, but it is too late to get rid of it. Maybe I will not buy the bulbs when they wear out :)

Ready for shotcrete next week! The 'box' for the pool cover is on the left side.
q1bPVSi.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The benefit of the ozonator is almost impossible to quantify on a given pool, there are so many other factors. But I've been pretty lazy keeping my minimum FC above the recommended level and I haven't had a problem yet.

As a test I could consciously live a few PPM below, and have the ozonator on, and then off for a stretch. But if the result of the testing is "wow, I DID get an algae outbreak", I'd probably regret it.

Shotcrete done! Outside temp is 117 F! Water is evaporating even before hitting concrete!

DGiHBCX.jpg

There are some surface cracks on the concrete. The shotcrete guy said it is just on the surface and nothing to worry.
Guess it is ok?

wuTLKL3.jpg

So, based on the advice in this forum, I am getting rid of the Clear O3 Ozone and the Ultra UV.
Will be adding a Hayward SWG unit and hook it up with the Omnilogic. I am also going to add a zinc sacrificial anode made by Pool Tool (Model 104-D)

XCxPPGU.jpg

The 'wire' connects to the pool bonding wire. So, any galvanic corrosion that occurs in the pool will affect only the zinc and nothing else :)

I can't imagine anyone being able to work outside in that kind of heat. People say, "You get used to it!" I just can't believe that!!! Hurry up with pictures of the tile being put on!!!! I LOVE that tile! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.