Going on Vacation

Jul 13, 2014
Charlotte, nc
Hi All
I passed a SLAM 1 week ago. Getting ready to go on vacation for 1 week.
I have a Pentair 320 chlorinator which I will fill with 3" trichloror tabs.
I never use the chlorinator. Does anyone know what I should set it to to try and mitigate Algea the week I am gone?

CYA is 35 so I'll be bringing it to 14-15 ppm shock level the day before I leave. But after that the chlorinator will take over.
Thoughts?

The rate at which those chlorinators dissolve tablets depends on the pressure in the pipe that it is attached to, since that pressure has to slightly compress the air in the chlorinator to fill in the bottom with water. Sometimes there isn't enough pressure to get any significant water in the chlorinator, so it doesn't work at all, in which case you have to turn the pump on for a few seconds before sealing the cap to let some air escape, thereby letting more water in the bottom of the chlorinator.

So it's hard to say what to set the control at. In an ideal world, you would start the chlorinator working a couple days before you leave, so you can figure out what setting to use. If you can't do that, set it to 3 and hope for the best! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.