BBB Method when you are gone

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
I have not switched over to the BBB method yet but I am planning to after I finish reading and completely understand it. My new home has a 12,000 gallon (aprox) pool and it has a Rainbow Lifeguard Chlorine feeder. With the using bleach for chlorine how often are you adding it during swimming season? I don't mind adding it daily if necessary but what do you do when you are away for a week or so?

When you are gone for a week or two you use your chlorinator (once you have gotten your CYA into proper range). You could also have someone you trust come over and put bleach or liquid chlorine in the pool for you every day or two. You should have a good idea of how much bleach you need once you get into BBB so they just need to pour it in.

waterbear said:
When you are gone for a week or two you use your chlorinator (once you have gotten your CYA into proper range).

So it would be OK when using the BBB method to have a couple of tablets in the feeder and just have it turned down all the way until you leave, or pull out the tablets and add only when you are leaving?
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.