Replacing liner but unsur which type it is...

Hi folks,

My name is Carla and my husband and I have a roughly 15 year old AG pool. We are the second owners and the original components are slowly needed to be replaced. My husband has been opening/closing and balance the chemicals since we moved in back in 2009. I have offered assistance so I decided to join a forum to learn how to best help balance chemicals. Our current project is to balance chemicals after the liner is replaced on July 1st. We both both beginners with pool ownership even though we have had the pool for 6 years. We are also very exciting to learn from the pros and other newbies!

Hi folks,

Current project is to replace an original liner. We are having it professionally installed but purchasing the liner ourselves. We need to know which liner type we have. I did some research and it seems like a beaded liner. The current liner is pulling away from the wall so I snapped some pics.

[also the prior owner planted a grape plant next to the pool deck. Very close to the pool. Should we remove the grape plant so the roots don't grow into the pool liner?]

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 35
Welcome Carla! Have you ordered a test kit yet? You'll for sure need either the K-2006 or the TFTest kit on this site (better value with more chemicals). If you haven't, go ahead an get one ordered so you'll have it when you begin filling your new liner. Pool School on this site is a great place to start learning, and ask questions about all the chemical levels when you get your water in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.