gtty

Aug 11, 2012
Houston, Tx. (West Houston)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My fairly new (2 week old) intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110 seems to be running, then it beeps with no error code, the green salwater generation light goes out and then comes back on blinking for a few seconds and then goes back to generating chlorine. This happens about every 10 minutes or so, and the time remaining never seems to change, at least so far.

Has anyone had this happen?

Yes, it sounds like you are losing power periodically. Check the GFCI on the end of the cord. Mine had a crack in it that let water leak in and shorted it out. I just removed it and put on a regular plug, since the entire circuit was already on a GFCI at the house

No, they retain the timer setting thru a power off. I have mine on an external timer that cuts all power to the unit, and then set the SWG to run for an hour each time the external timer turns it on, and it remembers this setting.

Since your timer never counts down, it is probably resetting the time it thinks it has been running back to zero each time it loses power.

I went and checked the GFI unit on the swg. It was hot to the tough. I pressed the test button and reset it and then turned the unit back on to run for two hours. One hour later it showed only one hour remaining, so it didnt reset. I may make a platic box of some kind to house the GFI so that it doesnt get wet.

Thanks for the reccommendation jeffchap!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.