Pentair Intelliflo Start-up question

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Unfortunately I won't be home for the start-up of my pool so I need to instruct my wife and 25 yo stepson on how to start-up the pump once the plaster is done.

After reading the manual I believe all they have to do is prime then 1) turn pump on 2) press one of the presets (still trying to figure out which rpm they should run) 3) press start. Does this sound right?

From reading the manual it seems that you can program run times, however it doesn't state whether or not any of the presets have default run times, does anyone know this? I'd hate to have them start them pump and then have it turn off after 4 hours

I'm worried I'm missing something as it seems far to straight forward . . .

There is no preset run time. On is on until you turn it off. It will prime automatically. The first time you do it you need to stick a hose in the leaf basket to make sure all the plumbing is full of water. I would go with 2 and push start. If you want more water flow use 3 for a bit, but 2 is plenty. Once it is running you just push another button and it goes faster or slower. Pushing the up or down arrow increases/decreases the rpm by 5. Yep, that is all there is to it.

I run my pump at 1100 rpm for skimming and making chlorine with my SWG.

Fun times!

Yes, just printed out the instructions on manually priming it. Manual states to do this first time we use the pump. So when they put the hose in the basket it will fill all the plumbing running to the pool? So they should expect it to take a minute or so vs. just filling-up the basket.

OK, another dumb question. I assume I open the valves on the center pump (my VS) right before priming, right?

Yes, priming first time will take a bit to fill the pipes back to the pool. Valves open the way they are now is good. Where do the three pipes come from? Left pipe main drain and two rights 1 skimmer each? Or right side skimmer/drain and left suction cleaner?

I believe the one on the left is the main drain and on the right one is the skimmer and the other vacuum, would that make sense? If memory serves me correctly they connected the two skimmers to one line back. So I guess my skimmers and vacuum run off the same valve? Or would it be the other way that the vacuum is on its own valve and the skimmers and floor drains are on the same valve? My plumber usually labels them, not sure why he didn't mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.