Hello All

gyro

Jun 13, 2015
Oostmalle/Belgium
Hi all,

I registered today because I am going to renovate my pool after 10 years. I will be doing this bit by bit, over a period of a few years. Don't expect me to be a 100% every day looking member of the forums, so if you should need me, pm me. I am 55 years old and studied electronics but not using it actively anymore. My daytime job as a technician is reparing pc's/laptops/ ... . Renovation over the years will be not in right order:
1) isolating my pool and putting a new liner into it.
2) automating and renewing solar pool heating
3) perfectionise and repair plumbing
4) refresh the deck and pool borders.

The reason I am here is because I was looking to automize with a Raspberry Pi.

I hope to learn a lot here and to bring my two cents whenever I can.

Happy hobby'ing,

Ronny.

Hello Ronnie! :wave: You sound like someone with a lot of experience and capabilities. Between your motivation/experience, and the pool experts here at TFP, you should be able to attain that goal. Thanks for joining and keep in touch as much as you like.

I know, only I work rather sporadic with Linux, but eventually we'll get where we want to be. I want to do the automatisation myself because of costs. If you look around, the commercial solar steerings with 3-way faucets alone are rediculous expensive. Combine that with the thought "I can do that too, but a lot cheaper and with more possibilities", and we're started.

Welcome Gyro!!! I'm a fellow "geek". Systems analyst, but unfortunately Windows server support, Vmware, and only a little linux. Previously I was an avionics tech in the U.S. Navy for 13 years. Sooo, whatever you come up with I'd be glad to see and hope to replicate :) I've already started buying more automation than I realistically need, but DIY is much more fun!!!