Intex 15' or 16' by 42" not sure but do know it is only 42"

May 18, 2015
york/pa
I have an intex metal frame pool not the ultra just the white poles. Now my problem is this I just put a skimmmer and hayward de 4800 filter system and hard plumbed it. I had found a leak on the bottom and patched it and i don't think the patch held still leaking a little. What is the best prduct to patch this liner or where is the cheapest and best place to go and get a replacement liner? I also thought about taking rubber roofing neoprene patch and patching this hole again probably not a good idea though the adhesive and primer would probably eat through the liner. Any suggestions???

I'm not sure but I think replacement liner may have to come from Intex. I know I've read others saying they're very expensive. You should be able to patch it though, even underwater. Wal-Mart has underwater patch kits, or a pool store or Amazon. Did you use multiple layers of patch when you did it the first time?

Intex liners are very expensive and when you add their shipping cost, it's likely more than you paid for the pool. The Boxer patch kit is one of the best and you can get it from Amazon. You should also do a double patch by placing the first patch and then, cut the next patch a bit larger and put it over the first. Make sure the glue covers the entire patch.

If you must get a new liner, watch Walmart and Target for a sale because I promise that will be cheaper and faster than Intex.

I use the HTH underwater patch kit from Walmart to fix a little pinhole in my Intex. To me something didn't really seem right about it, but I patched it at the beginning of last season and have been setup for a few weeks this year and it's still holding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.