False negative metals test??

smithp

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2011
Having trouble getting pool from Orange to clear. After adjust TA and pH. Took sample to locals Leslie pool supply and they tell me no iron or copper. Every time I try and add chlorine the water turns orange/brown. Use ascorbic acid and it clears again. Took test water after using AA. Could this give me false test for metals? If AA is clearing it, isn't it a metals problem or could it be other?

FC = 1
TA = 110
Cya = 90-100
CH = 0
pH = 7.5

Need to borrow a big truck and trailer. Going to drag pool off into the woods and leave it.

Apparently haven't gotten the metals out. Every time I add chlorine it goes brown. Any step by step on how to make a filter (like I have seen in pics posted) to catch the metals or do the paper towels work as well (did not seem to work for me).

So if I am hearing right, raise chlorine from 0 (where it is), let metals precipitate, do the paper towels, then add AA for stains and Metal Magic (or magic mike) as the wife calls it to keep metals in solution???

Man this pool makes me feel dumb!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.