first above groubd pool 16' 48" how unlevel can it be?

Jun 12, 2015
wentzville mo
so my wife really wanted a pool this summer for our back yard so for her birthday i got a 16' 48" round above ground. we got it from wal-mart(trust me i tried to talk her out of it). putting together seemed really simple but once i got to filling it i realized how unlevel my yard really is. got it half full and didnt like what i saw so i drained it. it was about eight inches out. took the pool down and moved, and started digging, leveling it with a 2x4 and a level taped to it. i got pretty close, or so i thought. after we filled the next time around, just as it got to about full, i noticed it was still unlevel. it doesnt really seem concerning and we are not going to have any kids horseplaying or kicking off walls or anything like that. mainly so wife and 3 year old can have somewhere to cooldown this summer. but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask some of you whether or not it is concerning, and if it is, is their anyway to fix it without draining? the first pic is the water level at the high side, and the ladder is at the low side. should i be terribly consider or have something to do without draining the pool? my only concern is it bursting, the frame being warped or something like that i really dont mind as long as it lasts this summer.unnamed.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

A measurement would really help. Look about 2" low?

You have your terms backwards btw. The low side is the side with the higher waterline. The ground is lower there.

Generally it is recommended that you be within 1" of level. I doubt it is a huge risk with an additional inch if there is no one kicking off the walls. It is enough to make you worry a bit though.

Well, that story sounds like the lament of every Intex pool owner everywhere. The "gonna get this pool and put it up on Saturday, and swim Saturday afternoon" fantasy rarely comes to fruition. Four weeks later, you fill and say, it's good. Mostly.

Anywho, you should do all that you can to get it within one inch of being level for safety reasons and your sanity. If you don't get it level, you will never enjoy your time in that pool. Not that I would know...nope. I just overhead some people talking. Lol

I am with this same problem now. Draining as we speak to attempt to move it and level some more. :( I am frustrated because I want it to be perfect. It looks like we have the same exact pool and with proper maintenance and putting it up properly it should last for many years to come. When I get home from work my plan is to try the 2x4 with level trick to see how much more dirt I need to add, would LOVE to only be 1-2 inches off, last night I was about 8-12 inches off!!! :(

I am with this same problem now. Draining as we speak to attempt to move it and level some more. :( I am frustrated because I want it to be perfect. It looks like we have the same exact pool and with proper maintenance and putting it up properly it should last for many years to come. When I get home from work my plan is to try the 2x4 with level trick to see how much more dirt I need to add, would LOVE to only be 1-2 inches off, last night I was about 8-12 inches off!!! :(

You should never add dirt. You should only take away. Adding dirt just means that it may get washed out a few months after it is setup.

Level with patience. Also take into account the way your liner attaches to the pool wall. You liner can stretch and you can have if off level but pool within reason. Take the level to your side rails dont eyeball the waterline. When i put my 24fter in i felt i was off as well despite using a buddies survey gear. However if i take a level to it, it levels perfect but just has the appearance due to the liner

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.