Calculating pool volume

Jun 7, 2015
Norco, CA
Hello,

When calculating volume of a pool with an attached spa do I include the spa or keep them separate. This is for use in the Pool Calculator. I am guessing I include it considering the spillway between the spa and pool. Thanks.

-Matt

Since they are both connected to the same body of water then yes add them together if you can. The goal is to have the right amount of gallons of water that you are treating so you get the right dosage amount. Though a spa that is 500 gallons in size probably wont make much difference in the dosage amount with ~14,000 gallons of water.

Great thanks! First pool and not sure how accurate volume needs to be.
Pay close attention when you're adding chemicals. If you start with, say 15,000 gallons calculated and you consistently overshoot, lower the volume you use in poolmath by 1000. If you come up short, increase it 1000. After a couple weeks, you see things going up or down, fine tune it again. Eventually you will hit a number that consistently gives you the results you expect. Poolmath - and especially Effects of Adding Chemicals down at the bottom of it - is your best friend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.