TA drifting upward

The vagaries of the test may well allow it to shift that much. I wouldn't be concerned at this point.

Did your pH rise during the same period?

Actually, shouldn't it have tested either 90 or 100 with your K-2005?

Hi meatloaf,

It sounds like your problem has been resolved, so I hope you don't mind me possibly "hijacking" for other people who might read the message.

My TA has also been rising over the past month or so, which had me really stumped since nothing other than bleach has been added during this time. I finally tracked it down to the fact that we've had very dry air and high evaporation rates during that time. I've lost almost 10% of my volume to evaporation in 4-6 weeks! My fill water has a TA of 130 ppm as compared to 70 ppm for my pool prior to this weather. Doing the math it turns out that the TA increase I'm seeing is very nearly accounted for by replacing the evaporation loss with fill water.

Again, this doesn't have much to do with you, but I thought someone else seeing a TA increase might run across this thread and benefit from hearing this, too. Hope you don't mind me horning in. I'll hush now.

Cheers, Gary

Hi, Gary,

I think your post is a good reminder to all of us to consider the parameters of fill water when a puzzling change occurs.

The desert Southwest is particularly affected because of the very high evaporation rates but fill water changes all of our pools........sometimes significantly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.