Hi Chlorine levels in SWG pool

Jun 12, 2015
Belmar, NJ
HI have a SWG pool that has a high FC level, My tester indicates around 10 on the dip stick. My SWG was set at 50%, basically the same setting it was at all last year. The only difference this year has been the use of a solar cover (also the weather has been cool). Will the cover and weather hold the FC from breaking down? I just reduced the SWG from the 50% to 35% in the hope it reduces the FC. All other chem looks normal. FYI the pool is 13,500 gal, vinyl, in ground.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

A cover will result in less FC being broken down by the sun. Thus the higher FC reading. Just lower the output like you did.

I highly recommend you consider investing in one of the Recommended Test Kits as test strips have proven to be unreliable and inaccurate over and over and over again on the forum.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.