Dry Acid vs Muriatic Acid

May 21, 2015
Northeast
Hello,
I really want to continue to follow the TFP/ BBB method as it has been giving me stellar results since I opened for this swim season. My question is what are the disadvantages of using dry acid over Muriatic Acid? Prior to joining the TFP website I purchased a 30 lbs. bucket of pH minus (sodium bisulfite I think?). I was just wondering if it is all that bad to use versus muriatic acid since I dropped $59 bucks on the stuff....I promise not to buy it again!

FC 7
TA 100
CC 0
CYA 75
pH 7.6

It's not bad to use occasionally, but using it will build up sulfates in your pool. This can be bad for concrete surfaces, tiling and other pool related surfaces. Read a synopsis here and you can download the full .pdf. Sulphate attack |

My understanding is it can also damage a SWCG cell.

I know the OP isn't using one, but I just wanted to put that out there for anyone else reading this thread who may be using a SWCG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.