robot strangles itself

Oct 18, 2007
Central Texas
I have a new Aquabot Pool Rover Plus from Costco. I generally like its performance although its weak when using the fine filter bag. The reason I selected this model was its reasonable price, for a robot, and it can't climb my steps or walls. This was important for me because if it gets into the bar stools, its all over.

Anyway, the cord seems to have a permanent twist. I have tried to twist it in the opposite direction but it seems to have a memory and just twists itself up in loops when its in the water. I have been storing the cord layed out straight but that doesn't seem to do any good.

After about 25 minutes, the twisting is so bad the robot isn't strong enough pull itself free and it get stuck in the same area of the pool.

Any ideas besides returning the unit for another?

thanks,

carlos31

the handle on the top of your aquabot should be locked in with a caddy corner orientation, top left to bottom right or top right to bottom left. This controls the direction it moves in around your pool. Every time you run your aquabot, you should reverse this orientation to avoid that problem. Try changing it and leaving it that way for a few sessions, then get into the habbit of switching it. Aquabot cords are pretty much the only part not covered under the warranty so that is what you really need to protect. Aquabots also tend to eat and cut their own cords when they get severly twisted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.