Ladder question (above ground)

May 3, 2015
Savannah, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Is it common for an above ground ladder to wear a groove in the bottom?? We're thinking attaching it to a deck landing might help it stay more solid and stable. Right now it's just freely sitting over edge. We tried to level ground outside pool best we can but it still moves a bit when people climb up and over.
Suggestions please to help our issue.

24 ft round 52 in deep Evolution CLX 13,000 gal, hayward S180T sand filter & 1 hp Power-flo Matrix single spd, TFP method BBB, taylor K-2006 kit

I have not had this happen and I do keep a rubber mat under my ladders to protect the liner. The pool has been up for over a year and no groove has appeared under the original ladder. The ladders do move a bit but no issues.

There are many ways to add weight to the ladder such as water or sand inside the ladder (if that is how it is designed), added concrete to bleach bottles or pvc pipe and securing them behind the stairs. I had a weight set in the closet that was not being used so, I put a 10 lb weigh on the stair platform and a brick covered in a soft material on the bottom step. It made a world of difference.

Search the forum and you will find many threads. I am also sure others will come along and provide details of how they have stopped/minimized ladder movement.

My ladder has created small concave impressions. I'm not worried about it. I did sandpaper the plastic that meets the vinyl super-smooth. Just an hour ago I was inspecting my liner underwater and I saw no issues. My ladder is mounted to my deck but that doesn't reduce the weight of the user very much.

Using a mat sounds like a good idea especially if the ladder tends to walk around. Mine is filled with pool water and doesn't move much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.