Light didn't turn on (but then did)?

Jun 23, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi everyone,

Tonight I tried to turn my pool light on as I always do when adding chemicals. I flipped the switch, but nothing happened. I waited a few minutes (and in that time I also turned the pump on). I flipped the light switch on again, and this time the light turned on just fine.

I replaced the bulb a few weeks ago, and the light has been working fine since then (and worked fine for as long as I can remember on the previous bulb until it blew). The GFCI works, and I don't think I see any water in the housing (although i don't know how exactly I'd check that for sure).

Any ideas as to why that light might not have turned on the first time? What things should I check?

Thanks for any ideas.

Matt

My first guess would be corrosion in the switch contacts, this would be my guess if you have a traditional pool bulb, if it is one of the smart LED pool lights then it could be a number of things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.