Bubblers

MGood

May 31, 2015
Eldridge Iowa
We met with our #1 choice pb to get final pricing before signing contract. I asked about having 2 bubblers in our sun deck and he didn't seem to want to do them at all! Said they stick up and not flush and didn't even seem interested at all in giving us a choice to having them. Also..we have decided to do a L shape 20x44x10. Does $4,000 seem high for a Meyco 3' spacing winter cover installed?

I'm not knocking water features in general or bubblers specifically (hey, who doesn't like splashing in a fountain!) but every water feature you own is just one more "thing" to service and take care of.

Bubblers definitely require more plumbing parts like Venturi air valves and booster pumps so it's going to drive up cost. Also, some folks here have reported that the bubblers, if run a lot, can mess with your water chemistry. The excess aeration tends to increase pH and add to the acid demand.

But hey, I'd probably put some in if I built a pool because I know my kids would love them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have three bubblers which stick up very slightly from the ledge. If we are in the pool they are generally on, so they are easy to spot. Even if you do step on them it wouldn't hurt in any way. Kids and the dog love them. Keep in mind each water feature is also more noise!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.