Winter times for Houston Texas

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
A co-worker suggested that the waterfall ought to be run before the main filter so the debris that comes out can be cleaned up, the main filter should be run only at night, and the cleaner should be run when the main filter is running.

So, I have set Program B on the Aqualink to run the waterfall at 6 pm to 7 pm, the main filter from 7 pm to 1 am, and the cleaner from 7:30 pm to 10 pm.

I am not at all sure that this is enough to keep the pool skimmed and get enough circulation and time for the Polaris to do it's thing given all the leaves and pine needles that we get.

Advice... anyone, particularly in Spring/The Woodlands, TX?

I'm not sure I understand the logic of running the waterfall pump prior to the main pump; I'd need to see your system before I can comment on that but it's probably a non-issue.

7pm - 1 am is probably sufficient for the filter pump assuming you are achieving 1 turnover. I would however run the Polaris concurrent with the filter pump rather than separate.

tnthudson said:
By the way, this is the first game I've seen the Texans play this year, and they're lookin' good. Sorry to get off topic, but Kevin Walter's on my fantasy team and I'm pullin' for the Texans tonight!

Funny you should mention that. Walter's on my team as well, but I'm playing against Andre Johnson. Good thing I'm still up by 12!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.